Research prototype · 研究原型
Turn the Chinese you repeatedly encounter into Chinese you can actually recognize.
把你在真实生活中反复遇到的中文,变成你真正能认出来的中文。
A research prototype for learners who live in China, can speak a little, but still struggle to read and recognize characters in real life.
为在中国生活、能听懂一些口语、却仍在真实场景中认不出字词的学习者而做的研究原型。
You can order food. You can chat. But a sign still stops you.
Many learners in China have functional speaking and listening, yet characters, labels, packaging, and street signs remain a blur. Apps can translate one photo at a time, but they rarely turn those scattered moments into lasting recognition.
很多在中国的学习者已经能听懂、会说一些中文,但字词、标签、包装和路牌仍然是一片模糊。拍照翻译可以处理单个画面,却很少把这些零散瞬间转化为真正的识别能力。
How it works
它是如何运作的
Encounter
遭遇
A sign, a menu, a package, a street scene — something that catches your eye in real life.
一个招牌、一张菜单、一个包装、一处街景——真实生活中吸引你注意的事物。
Collect
收集
Capture the moment and keep the raw trace of your curiosity.
捕捉这个瞬间,保留你好奇的原始痕迹。
Interpret
解释
Get the characters, meaning, pronunciation, and the cultural context behind them.
获得字词、含义、读音,以及背后的文化语境。
Connect
连接
See how the same word or character appears across different real-life moments.
看到同一个字或词如何在不同的真实场景中反复出现。
Recognize
识别
Next time, the world around you feels a little more readable.
下一次,周围的世界对你而言又变得可读了一点。
Pause to see · 停下来,看见
We are not building another flashcard app.
我们不是在做一个新的词卡应用。
Wander Chinese is a research prototype. We are testing whether connecting your real-life encounters — across different days, places, and objects — creates more meaningful learning value than looking at each photo alone.
Wander Chinese 是一个研究原型。我们正在验证:把你在不同日子、地点和事物中遭遇的真实中文连接起来,是否能比单独回看每张照片创造更有意义的学习价值。
Get involved
参与进来
Join the waitlist · 加入等待列表
Be the first to know when the product moves beyond research.
当产品走出研究阶段时,第一时间收到通知。
Email us · 发邮件Apply for the pilot · 申请试点
Live in China, speak some Chinese, but still struggle to read? We are looking for one learner for a 7-day concierge-style research pilot.
你在中国生活、会说一些中文、却仍认不出字词?我们正在寻找一位学习者参与为期 7 天的人工礼宾式研究试点。
Apply · 申请